In this blogpost, We’ll see the documentation of VMware tools 11.2.1 release notes.
VMware Tools 11.2.1 version addresses only two Windows graphics issues that are mentioned in the Resolved Issues section. The non-windows users who have already installed VMware Tools 11.2.0 version, need not upgrade to the 11.2.1 version.
VMware Tools 11.2.1 supports the following guest operating systems
- Windows OS-level prerequisites:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2 with Microsoft’s update KB2919355
- Windows 8.1 with Microsoft’s update KB2919355
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with Microsoft’s update KB4474419.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with Microsoft’s update KB4474419.
darwin.isosupports Mac OS X versions 10.11 and later.
- For details on
linux.iso, refer to VMware Tools 10.3.23 Release Notes.
- For details on
solaris.iso, refer to VMware Tools 10.3.10 Release Notes.
- VMware Tools ISO images are frozen for some end of life guest operating systems. Some ISO images are not included with ESXi in the tools-light VIB. For more details, see the VMware Tools Documentation page. All VMware Tools ISO images are available for download from http://my.vmware.com.
- VMware Tools for Windows: 32-bit and 64-bit installer executable (.exe) files are available for download. These files are provided for easier access and installation of VMware Tools in Windows guest operating systems.
VMware Tools 11.2.1 is available in the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Product Support Notice
- The Windows pre-Vista iso image for VMWare Tools is no longer packaged with ESXi. The Windows pre-Vista iso image is available for download by users who require it. For download information, see the Product Download page.
End of Feature Support Notice
- Balloon driver has been removed from MacOS VMware Tools 11.1.0.
- The tar tools (linux.iso) and OSPs shipped with VMware Tools 10.3.x release will continue to be supported. However, releases after VMware Tools 10.3.5 will only include critical and security fixes and no new feature support in these types of VMware Tools (tar tools and OSP’s). It is recommended that customers use open-vm-tools for those operating systems that support open-vm-tools. For more information on different types of VMware Tools, see https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2016/02/understanding-the-three-types-of-vm-tools.html
- Starting with VMware Tools version 10.2.0, Perl script-based VMware Tools installation for FreeBSD has been discontinued. FreeBSD systems are supported only through the open-vm-tools packages directly available from FreeBSD package repositories. FreeBSD packages for open-vm-tools 10.1.0 and later are available from FreeBSD package repositories.
Guest Operating System Customization Support
The Guest OS Customization Support Matrix provides details about the guest operating systems supported for customization.
The VMware Product Interoperability Matrix provides details about the compatibility of current and earlier versions of VMware Products. The VMware Product Interoperability Matrix of VMware Tools 11.2.0 can be applied to VMware Tools 11.2.1.
Installation and Upgrades for this release
VMware Tools can be downloaded from the Product Download page.
The steps to install VMware Tools vary depending on the VMware product and the guest operating system you have installed. For general steps to install VMware Tools in most VMware products, see General VMware Tools installation instructions (1014294).To set up a product locker to point to the shared datastore, see KB 2004018.
For specific instructions to install, upgrade, and configure VMware Tools, see the VMware Tools Documentation page.
You’ll also Like
- VMware ESXi 7.0 Update 1c Release Notes – Techy Guy
- Advanced Cross vCenter Server vMotion (XVM) vSphere 7 U1C – TechyG (techyguy.in)
- Most Popular VMware Virtual Hands-On Labs Of 2020 – TechyGuy