VMware and AWS have three years of long partnership and engineering together they offer organizations a faster, secure path to the cloud. With VMware Cloud on AWS, you can migrate datacenters to the cloud for rapid datacenter evacuation, disaster recovery, and application modernization.
VMware Cloud on AWS delivers VMware’s enterprise-class SDDC(Software-defined data center) software to the AWS Cloud with native AWS various services. This is no doubt powered by VMware Cloud Foundation(VCF). VMware Cloud on AWS blends VMware’s compute, storage, and network virtualization products (VMware vSphere, VMware SAN, and VMware NSX) along with VMware vCenter Server management, optimized to run on dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure.
VMware Cloud on AWS provides customers consistent and interoperable infrastructure and services between VMware-based data centers and the AWS cloud, which minimizes the complexity and associated risks of managing diverse environments. VMware Cloud on AWS offers native access to AWS services and innovation that extends the value of enterprise applications over their lifecycle.
Customers can now buy VMware Cloud on AWS directly through AWS and AWS Partner Network (APN) Partners in the AWS Solution Provider Program. This allows customers the flexibility to purchase VMware Cloud on AWS either through AWS or VMware, or the AWS Solution Provider or VMware VPN Solution Provider of their choice.
There are many advantages for using this services such as-
- Scalability: Deliver cloud capacity in under 2 hours in 17 AWS regions worldwide and scale infrastructure on-demand on pay-as-you-go or subscription basis.
- Infrastructure risk mitigation: It provides proactive disaster escape with VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Site Recovery(SRM).
- Remote workforce: It delivers Horizon 7 VDI environments on VMware Cloud on AWS for an intrinsically secure and scalable virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Increased innovation: These platforms provide innovative ways to run, manage, and monitors VMware infrastructure on AWS using AWS native services like EC2.
- Simplified operations and management: You now can simplify your Hybrid IT operations by using the same VMware’s technologies including vSphere, vSAN, NSX-T, and vCenter Server across both their on-premises data center environments and the AWS Cloud.
- Cost Reduction: VMware Cloud on AWS facilitates you to optimize the costs of operating a consistent and seamless hybrid IT environment.
VMware Cloud on AWS is an integrated cloud offering that can deliver a highly scalable and secure service by migrating and extending your on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS Cloud running on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) easily.