Microsoft 365 wouldn’t support Internet Explorer 11 in the future and Windows 10 also remove support for Microsoft Edge Legacy. On August 17, 2020, Microsoft announces that Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) by this time next year.
- Beginning November 30, 2020, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support IE 11.
- Beginning August 17, 2021, the remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support IE 11.
This also means that after the above dates, customers will have a degraded experience or will be unable to connect to Microsoft 365 apps and services on IE 11. To compensate for this change, Customers can choose the new Microsoft Edge browsers. The Microsoft Edge is fully supported with Microsoft Teams web apps and Microsoft 365 apps.
“Customers have been using IE 11 since 2013 when the online environment was much less sophisticated than the landscape today. Since then, open web standards and newer browsers—like the new Microsoft Edge—have enabled better, more innovative online experiences. We believe that Microsoft 365 subscribers, in both consumer and commercial contexts, will be well served with this change through faster and more responsive web access to greater sets of features in everyday toolsets like Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and more.” as per the Blog from Microsoft Tech Community outlined.
About Microsoft Edge
- With the new Microsoft Edge, you can expect speed, performance, and compatibility with all your favorite sites and extensions.
- It has a brand new UI and Icon means “New browser, New icon“.
- It provides more privacy and security while you browse on the internet.
- Microsoft Defender SmartScreen automatically protects you online from security issues.
- With web capture, you can now mark up and add comments to screenshots of web pages, using a pen or touch.
- The new Microsoft Edge is available on all supported versions of Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Note: Using Internet Explorer mode in the new Microsoft Edge will not help to extend IE 11 access to Microsoft 365 apps and services beyond the dates listed above. Microsoft 365 apps and services will stop supporting IE 11 on the dates listed.
Source: Microsoft Tech
You’ll Also Like
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Exam Study Material
- Windows Command Line Utilities Every Professional Should Know
- Windows Server Administrator Scenario Based Interview Questions And Answers
- Azure VMware Solution
- Top VMware Scenario Based Interview Questions And Answers
- AZ-900 Exam Practice Questions