In recent years cloud computing emerged as a prominent technology for almost all the sectors of IT such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Automation. Cloud computing is being used everywhere. It has some advantages and lesser disadvantages. In this blog, I’ll discuss some basic concepts of Cloud Computing in the modern world.
Cloud computing is the delivery of on-demand computing services such as Compute, Storage, Networking, and applications over the internet and on a pay-as-you-go basis. You typically pay only for cloud services you use, helping lower your operating costs, run your infrastructure more efficiently and scale as your business needs change.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is a big shift from the traditional way businesses think about IT resources. You can several benefits of Cloud Computing as it is being used:
- Reduction in IT Cost
- Global scale
- No up-front costs
- On-Demand Self-Service
- Shared Resource Pooling
Types of Cloud Services
There are three main types of cloud services include Infrastructure as a Service(Iaas), Platform as a Service(PaaS), and Software as a Service(SaaS). Each type of cloud services provides different levels of control, flexibility, and management so that you can select the right set of services for your needs.
- IaaS: With IaaS, you get the IT infrastructure means Servers, Virtual Machines, Storage, Networking, and Operating System from the CSP(Cloud Service Provider). IaaS gives you the highest level of flexibility and management control over your IT resources.
- PaaS: PaaS removes the need for you to manage underlying infrastructure/hardware and allows you to focus on the development, deployment, and management of your applications. PaaS is designed to make it easier for developers to quickly create web or mobile apps, without worrying about setting up or managing the underlying infrastructure of servers, storage, network, and databases needed for development.
- SaaS: SaaS is a method for delivering software applications over the Internet, on-demand, and typically on a subscription basis. SaaS provides you with a complete product that is run and managed by the service provider. In most cases, people referring to SaaS are referring to end-user applications such as web-based Google Gmail.
Types of Cloud Computing
There are three different ways to deploy cloud services: on a public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud. Customer selects services as per their requirement.
- Public cloud: A cloud environment created from resources not owned by the end-user that can be redistributed to other tenants. e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Servies, and Google Cloud are the example of Public cloud.
- Private cloud: A private cloud refers to cloud computing resources used exclusively by a single business or organization. A private cloud can be physically located on the company’s on-site datacenter.
- Hybrid cloud: Hybrid clouds combine public and private clouds. It has the functionality of both public and private clouds.
Uses of Cloud Computing
Nowadays it is used in broader area of internet. Here are some popular uses cases:
- Create cloud-native applications
- Store, back up, and recover data
- Test and build applications rapidly
- Analyze data from edge devices
- Stream audio and video such as used by NetFlix.
- Embed intelligence
- Deliver software on demand
There is a lot to know about Cloud Computing and Its services. To know more on this refer to the below sources and their official documentation:
You’ll Also Like