Red Hat, Inc., the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, announced new offerings to help organizations of all sizes and industries optimize, scale or simply protect IT operations in the face of shifting global dynamics on Open Hybrid Cloud technologies.
Key Features as per Red Hat
- This will enable customers to “Build Anything, Deploy Everywhere” model whether on-premises or multi-cloud infrastructure.
- OpenShift virtualization and Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes break down application barriers and extend more control over distributed resources in the environment.
- Enterprise Kubernetes platform delivers enhancements to prime developers and operation admins.
“Rather than only provide technologies to address one need or the other, Red Hat provides a flexible, fully open set of solutions to our customers, meeting them where they are with what they need.“PAUL CORMIER, PRESIDENT AND CEO, RED HAT
Red Hat’s new technology offerings are designed to improve the delivery, accessibility, and stability of critical services that are based on hybrid cloud. Red Hat is contributing in open source technologies moreover in Kubernetes. Red Hat is the second top contributor in Kubernetes after Google.
Red Hat OpenShift a very powerful technology. Openshift helps customers to Manage hybrid cloud and multi-cloud deployments. This is powered by Kubernetes itself.
“Red Hat OpenShift is an enterprise-ready Kubernetes container platform with full-stack automated operations to manage hybrid cloud and multi-cloud deployments. Red Hat OpenShift is optimized to improve developer productivity and promote innovation.”Red Hat Inc
What is new?
- OpenShift virtualization
- It is a new feature within Red Hat OpenShift.
- It comes from the KubeVirt open source project.
- Customers can develop, deploy, and manage virtual machines along with container services in one place into multi-cloud environments.
- Red Hat OpenShift 4.4
- The new version of the industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform, OpenShift 4.4.
- OpenShift 4.4 introduces platform metrics and monitoring for application workloads.
- It includes monitoring integration for Red Hat Operators.
- Better cost management options
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes –
- This is not launched yet but will be available soon with OpenShift 4.4.
- This will help customers to monitor the environment effectively on a large scale.
These major services are not limited to any platform. This can be used with major cloud service providers as AWS, Azure, GCP, and IBM Cloud.
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments.
Reference : Red Hat OpenShift