In this article, How you can force the virtual machine to entry into the BIOS setup screen in VMware vSphere.
To do this, follow the below simple steps.
VMware vSphere Console
To make changes to the configuration file:
- Shutdown the virtual machine.
- Right Click the VM from web-client/ HTML client and select edit setting
- Select and expand the ‘Boot Options‘ under ‘VM Option‘
- Enter a value of 5000 or 10000 instead of 0 for Boot Delay tab
- Check for Force BIOS Setup.
- Click Ok.
This will directly put you in the BIOS setting of the Virtual machine during the first/next boot.
- CPU Hot Plug Enable and Disable options are grayed out for virtual machines (2020993)