Azure VMware Solution is a Microsoft service, verified by VMware, that runs on Azure infrastructure and provide VMware’s native services to Azure. Now you can run your VMware workloads natively on Azure. You can move or extend an on-premises VMware environment to Azure and can take the benefits of both technologies. With this partnership, you can manage your infrastructures using the same VMware tools like vCenter, vSphere, SAN, and NSX on Azure. This is good for users having large MS clusters in their environment.
You can avail benefits like-
- You can scale, automate, and speed up to your provisioning for VMware workloads on Azure globally.
- It will reduce your total IT cost.
- You can deploy a dedicated infrastructure in Azure.
- You can use your existing knowledge, tools, and expertise to manage your VMware infrastructure in Azure.
- It will benefit you to Azure’s native management and security services.
- You can take advantage of your Microsoft Windows and SQL Server workloads in Azure.
- You will get the best IT support for your all queries/issues related to VMware and Azure through Single Point of Contact.
Popular Azure VMware Solution scenarios include-
- Datacenter Minimization: If you are planning to reduce your number of physical data centers, you can move your workloads on virtualized infrastructure in Azure. You can automate, secure, and make the easy deployment.
- Datacenter expansion: It will help you to expand your datacenter’s capacity seamlessly and elastically with the cost adjustment based on demand.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity: You can use a VMware stack deployed in Azure as a primary or secondary and on-demand disaster recovery site for on-premises datacentre infrastructure.
- Application modernization: You can use the Azure ecosystem to modernize your applications without having to rebuild your VMware-based environments.
Azure VMware Solution is developed by Microsoft Azure with VMware. They both provide world-class support to their customers for hybrid cloud infrastructures.